Australia High Commission
G'day, Fakaalofa lahi atu and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Alofi, Niue.
Our High Commissioner is Ms Louise Ellerton.
We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us at [email protected]
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships provide citizens of Niue with the opportunity to study at a tertiary institution in the region. Awards will be offered up to a bachelor’s degree or diploma level at the University of the South Pacific (USP) or the Fiji National University (FNU). Applications for a scholarship to study in 2024 are now open from 1 February 2023 (ADST).
For more information about the scholarship, click here.
Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders in developing countries. Australia Awards scholarships provide citizens of Niue with the opportunity to obtain a masters qualification at an Australian tertiary institution. Applications for a scholarship to study in 2024 are open from 1 February 2023 (ADST).
Travel advice For Niue
Need information on visiting Niue? Read the following:
- Travel advice from the Australian Government
- Other Australian Government embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions and representative offices around the world
Travelling from New Zealand to Australia
To travel from New Zealand to Australia (including those transiting through New Zealand to Australia), travellers must first meet Australia's entry requirements. As requirements for entry change frequently , we encourage all travellers to check Commonwealth and State and Terriority requirements regularly.
More information on entering Australia, and the State and Terriorty requirements for entry can be found at www.australia.gov.au.
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia.
Has your passport been lost or stolen in Niue?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Medibank Private/ahm and other recent data breaches - advice for foreign passport holders
Medibank Private/ahm have advised the Australian Passport Office (APO) that no Australian Travel Document information was compromised in this breach.
Foreign passports for international students were compromised through this cyberattack. Medibank Private/ahm are contacting impacted customers directly.
If Medibank Private/ahm have advised you that your foreign passport information was compromised, you should contact the government that issued the passport for advice on what to do. This is also the case for all data breaches that impact foreign passport holders, including the recent breaches at Optus and Medlab.
Medibank/ahm impacted customers:
- Call Medibank on 134 148 (within Australia) or +61 3 9862 1095 (International)
- Contact Medibank’s 24/7 Student Health and Support line (Medibank international students call 1800 887 283 and ahm international students call 1800 006 745)
- Visit Medibank Cyber Event Updates and Support page medibank.com.au/cybersecurity
- Go to ID Care’s dedicated Medibank and ahm breach response plan).
- See the Australian Cyber Security Centre's Medibank Private alert.
Optus impacted customers:
- Contact Optus customer service directly on 133 937 (within Australia), or +612 8082 5678 (International), or go to their Passport Information(link is external) webpage.
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions on the Optus data breach and passport information
- See the Australian Cyber Security Centre's Optus data breach(link is external) alert.
Medlab impacted customers:
Contact Medlab customer service directly on +61 1800 433 980, or go to their data breach web page(link is external).
Applying for a passport?
- The Australian High Commission in Alofi does not issue passports. For information on applying for a passport or renewing your current or expired passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport fees for 2023 are listed here.
The Australian High Commission in Alofi does not provide notarial services.
The Australian High Commission in Wellington may be able to assist with other notarial acts. Contact the High Commission by email on [email protected] or by phone on +64 4 473 6411.
Australian Passport Offices in Sydney or Melbourne can legalise (Apostille/Authenticate) some Australian documents and can issue Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI). Information on how to request these services via mail can be found in the ‘Documents in Australia’ section on the Smartraveller website https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/consular-services/notarial-services
There are no current vacancies within the Australian High Commission Offce.
Living in Australia
Latest News and Events
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Australian Minister for Trade