Australian High Commission

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not taking public appointments at this time. Our ability to provide some services may be limited. We will continue to prioritise consular services to those in genuine need. If you require urgent assistance, please contact our Consular Emergency Centre, Canberra (Australia): +61 2 6261 3305.

Australian High Commission in Alofi, Niue

G'day, Fakaalofa lahi atu and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Alofi, Niue.

Our High Commissioner is Ms Susan Allen.

We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us at [email protected]


Travel advice

Need information on visiting Niue? Read the following:



Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.

You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.

In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.

Visit to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia.



Has your passport been lost or stolen in Niue?

Applying for a passport?


Notarial Services

The Australian High Commission in Alofi does not provide notarial services.

The Australian High Commission in Wellington may be able to assist with other notarial acts. Contact the High Commission by email on [email protected] or by phone on +64 4 473 6411.

Australian Passport Offices in Sydney or Melbourne can legalise (Apostille/Authenticate) some Australian documents and can issue Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI). Information on how to request these services via mail can be found in the ‘Documents in Australia’ section on the Smartraveller website


Job vacancies

The High Commission does not currently have any vacancies. 


Living in Australia


Latest News and Events